Sunday 20 January 2013

Calling Time

Artful Times : Challenge 21 - Calling Time on an ATC

When I was away at Christmas I watched Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland for the second time, its a great film. I've always loved Alice and when thinking about what to do for this challenge, the first thing that came to mind was the White Rabbit.
I have an old set of Alice rubber stamps, not sure of the make, but the White Rabbit image works well for this theme. I like the clock numerals in the background. 


I used Iced Spruce and Scattered Straw Distress ink to colour the background of the ATC. The image is stamped in black archival ink and coloured with Distress markers. I add some words from a Tim Holtz stamp and used black glitter to highlight the playing card club symbols. So, having done that, my rabbit was not white! What did I do? I used beach to remove the ink and now he is white. This is the first time I have used that technique and I am pleased with the result, works well.



8 comments:

  1. Fabulous ATC, love the image and the quote.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ATC Julia! Great image to represent time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on using the bleach, I have not tried that yet but it is certainly effective on your wonderful ATC. The rabbit looks great against the clock. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you joining us at Artful Times Julia and I love to use bleach as well :) A well thought ou ATC :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely ATC. Great using the bleach - gorgeous yellow on the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see some "Alice"themed atc's. To say I am a fan is an understatement but I never even thought of using Alice stamps.
    Love your rabbit and the background is superb.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely in composition and in the images you've used. I'm not a massive Alice fan but this really appeals to me. Bravo on the use of bleach - I've had mixed success with this.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabolous working with beach is an oustanding idea - this ATC is amazing!
    XO
    SanDee

    ReplyDelete