Saturday 16 March 2013

More Flowers

I was chuffed to bits to win the February challenge on the Show us your Twinchies blog, now I get to proudly display a winners badge. I really enjoy the twinchie challenges because the design team show such a variety of examples for each theme and the entries by others are so creative. There is plenty of time to think about the themes and to produce the artwork as well which is great if you are at work all week and have limited time. Go check it out, these twinchies are addictive and fun.

So, on to the March theme where Challenge 3 is 'Flower or Flowers'.
I seem incapable of using anything other than JOFY stamps recently, I love them so here is another one using  parts of the stamp set JOFY 11 and JOFY 9.

 

The 2 inch square background is kraft card that has been embossed, a scrap from a previous project. For the background I used randomly sponged distress inks and stamped the flowers and word in black archival ink. I used Inktense pencils to colour the flowers and painted over them with water to intensify the colours. Simple but bright and happy which was the effect I was after.


10 comments:

  1. Two minds with but a single thought - to use these fab JOFY images! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, oh I so want those Jofy stamps, must save my pennies, thanks for joining s at Show us your Twinchies, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colouring on this twinchie a great stamp to chose

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super.. super... super .. wish I had made this !!!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous twinchie, love the colouring, and the lovely Jofy stamps. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month.

    Sylvia
    Show Us Your Twinchies Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers - it's a great twinchie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love these stamps. Great little twinchie, nicde bright colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't get the chance to browse when I was here the other day, but I've just had a quick scroll through some of your beautiful work, and I've signed on as your newest follower so as not to miss stuff in future! I just love what you're doing with the JOFYs - this is so gorgeously inked and coloured - a mini-delight!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments and for following. I've added another JOFY mini to my collection today, having great fun with them.

      Delete