Thursday 29 August 2013

Holidays and Destinations

My August entry for the Show us your Twinchies challenge entitled "Holidays and Destinations, Home and Abroad", is a variation on my last post.
I found some shrink plastic in a drawer in my craft room so stamped the Tim Holtz aeroplane and shrunk it, I'd forgotten how satisfying it is to watch it curl up and then flatten out to a tiny version of the original, a perfect size for a twinchie.


The background is pan pastels blended in purple and blue, I like that combination. I love maps. I collect old Ordnance Survey maps, yes, I love them. The background is overstamped with a section of the Papermania All Aboard - map stamp in coffee archival ink and the aeroplane added so its flying over the Atlantic towards the UK. That's my "home" part of the challenge theme because although it may be fun to go away, its always good to come home.


3 comments:

  1. Love that little plane you created, it's so satisfying to watch shrink plastic do its stuff! This has reminded me that I need to make a few bits & bobs...

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfull twinchie Julia, I agree it is nice to go away but lovely to come back home. Thank you for joining the challenge over at Show Us Your Twinchies.

    Sylv xx
    Show Us Your Twinchies DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cute!! Tiny aeroplane ... I love it!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete