Monday 13 January 2014

Patchwork Birthday

A friend of mine asked me to make her a card for an 85th birthday. As my friend is very talented at sewing I thought I would incorporate some patchwork into this one. Most of the product used is from Anna Marie Designs including the lovely dotty card, the ribbon and the flowers and the card is inspired by one of Anna Marie's samples that I saw at Alexandra Palace last year.


This card is 7" by 7", I'm well out of my comfort zone with this size as most of the things I do are in miniature but the dotty card squares in the background are all twinchie sized, 2" by 2" and the sentiment is tiny.
So, this is the card I made for Cheryl and Richard to give to Richard's Mum for her birthday, I hope she liked it.

2 comments:

  1. Love those flowers & foliage!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the patchwork look, Julia. The flowers are so pretty and the colours work beautifully together. I'm sure this will have gone down a treat!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete