Sunday 20 October 2013

12 Tags of 2013 - October

I like to do Tim's Tags each month, I like to improvise if I don't have the ingredients, however ..... this one has cost me money!
Click here for Tim's Tutorial .

I started about a week ago with the background. I don't have the Distress paints but I do have PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints. It is 10pm and I'm on the floor in my spare bedroom marbelling paint! A nice messy job but I'm pleased with my background.
The following night I am feeling smug, I have the lovely frame die in my stash already. I don't have grunge board but I do have grunge paper so I cut the frame. I don't have any Distress Glitter, in fact I don't have any purple glitter either and I wish I did because I'd like to try that. I found some dark purpley green fine glitter and used that instead.

No moon and owl die, what a shame.
I planned to draw a moon and cut it out and use a small Tando wooden owl that I have already. The owl looked stupid on the tag and didn't I use that same owl last year on the October Tim tag? Yes, I think I did.
I have a half finished tag and I am not happy!
Yes, you guessed, I bought the owl and moon die and whilst I was about it I bought some mustard seed distress glitter as well. It is lovely, I don't normally like glitter but this stuff is crunchy and I like the textured finish. I decided not to put glitter on my owl having overdosed on the glitter stuff already so my owl was inked with black soot distress ink and then covered in glossy accents. I have a shiny owl and I like him.
I have no metal stars so I used some metal squares I found in my stash.
Here is my tag, a bit of an effort this month but at least I managed to complete the project.


1 comment:

  1. What a delicious take on the tag - I think your painty background looks fab and I love the glittery colour contrast on your two die-cuts. Note to self: must have a play with that ornate frame die sitting on my shelf in its packaging!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete