Sunday 15 October 2017

Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge : October

Here we go, my October entry for the Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge.

The verse for October is :

Fresh October brings the pheasant
Then to gather nuts is pleasant

I thought pheasants ought to feature in this one and I wanted to use my Scrapcosy acorn branch stamp for the "nut" element. Here is the mini page I came up with for October;


The background card is from my stash, coloured with distress oxides (wild honey, spiced marmalade and vintage photo). There is a bit of water spritzing there, just a little.
I stamped the branch in potting soil archval ink and coloured it with inktense pencils, they work on top of distress oxides which is new thing I tried today. Acorns are shiny so there is some glossy accents on that acorn, it doesn't show that well in the photo but it is there.
I printed off a couple of pheasants from the internet, cut them out and added them. They were tiny so the cutting was a challenge! 

Autumn is so inspiring for arty crafty projects. 
I'm off to see what others have done for the challenge now. 
Catch you later and thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

  1. What a great acorn branch stamp and I love the overall colour scheme. Never thought about it before but pheasants definitely have that autumnal feel! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely! Beautiful colouring of that wonderful Scrapcosy branch, and the pheasants are perfect.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one. The pheasants add depth to the picture, and contrast nicely with the monotone feel of the acorn branch and background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like that stamp! and the pheasants just complement it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page! The colors are wonderful and I love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely tag. The acorn and branch is perfect for the challenge and your colouring is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful autumnal page. It has a stillness about it - the lull before the storm! We've had far too much windy weather this autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely page - now I know what to do with that stamp!! Thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete