Sunday 6 May 2018

Handmade Matchbox

PaperArtsy Challenge Topic 8 : Boxes.

Last weekend when I saw the PaperArtsy challenge inspiration, the example that caught my eye was the matchbox art. I have never tried making a box so retrieved my old envelope punch board that has been gathering dust on the shelf and searched the internet for instructions to make a matchbox. I found a good one and made a test box out of kraft card. The test box worked so became my final box.

Here is the You Tube video I found:
http://www.ddstamps.com/dd_stamps/2013/12/another-box-using-the-stampin-up-envelope-punch-board.html
Thanks to Diane Dimich for the instructions.


I decorated my box with Jofy images from stamp sets 13 and 24, stamped directly onto the box and stamped onto old book pages. What to put in the box? Well, it is always useful to have a few gift tags to pop on presents so I made three matching gift tags.

Here is my matchbox project.


I decorated the inside of the box.


.... a view of the front of the match box.


.... and the three tags.


That project was a good way to relax after spending the morning tackling the wilderness that is my garden on such a hot day. 

Until next time, have a great weekend everybody. x





6 comments:

  1. Love the kraft with the blue and white !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think that Kraft & bookpage look so good together!

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice box for a "beginner," I like the stars inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely box Julia!! I love the way you have used Jofy's stamps. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the matchbox Julia, wanted to try this in the past, thanks for the link. Love the stamping onto old book pages, looks very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely love this - the book pages against the kraft are fabulous, and your little matchbox and tags are a treat.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete