Monday 26 August 2013

Travel and Destinations

I have been wanting to have a go at Tim's Tag for August for a couple of weeks but have been distracted by other things. So today I revisited the blog and decided to have a play.I like using the masking technique and particularly like the colours Tim used for his tags.
I have the aeroplane stamps but they are the mini versions so look a bit silly on the bigger tags that I have so rather than attempting a smaller tag I thought I'd just make a panel and mount it on a card.
As mentioned before, I liked the colours used for the background, frayed burlap and pumice stone but did not have those distress stains so used distress inks instead with a lot of water. I like it, it pleases me.
I won't describe the details here as Tim's tutorial is very good, go check it out via my link.

So, here is my "inspired by Tim" card :


This post is for Michael and Donna-Jean who are off on holiday (vacation) tomorrow. Have a great time!





11 comments:

  1. It's lovely, Julia - so subtle and vintage in effect... great version of the tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out great! The background looks like a page from a vintage book. I love your adaptation of Tim's tag! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for leaving me a comment, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous. I love the idea of making a panel since you had the smaller stamps. It looks fabulous. Really great vintage feel to it. Congrats on your win on Tim's blog!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful interpretation ... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your win. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay... Congratulations, Julia!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Julia! Such a lovely travel themed card! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, your card is fantastic!!! Sorry that I am so late in my congratulations - I havent had a quiet moment to myself to look at all the winners until now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your kind messages, I really appreciate you taking the time out to comment. I am really SO proud of this! Thanks again.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete