Wednesday 23 March 2016

Circle Layering

Here is my entry for the Craft Barn fortnightly challenge. The theme this fortnight is circles and they must be in the background. A good opportunity to play with stencil layering again.


Stencils used:
Finnabair Elementals "Bubbles"
Crafters Workshop " Mini Cornflowers"
Distress Inks :
Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade and Picked Raspberry.
Stamp :
Paperartsy  Squiggly Ink SM15

I applied gesso through the bubble stencil first as a resist. Then added the distress inks and let it dry. The next layer was the stamped circles in archival ink and finally I added the cornflower stencil using black versamark ink. Highlights have been added to some of the circles with a white pen.




8 comments:

  1. Hi thanks for popping over to my blog so thought I would do the same and now your latest follower.

    Love your card. Just my cup of tea.

    Crafty hugs Pen x http://groovyquail.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pen. I am your latest follower too.

      Delete
  2. Wow wee! :) I haven't said that in years but as soon as I saw your project that is what popped into my head. Stunning project Julia. Hope all is well.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's lovely! I keep meaning to try & get my hands on the flower stencil too....must try harder!

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! There are lots of colours and yet it looks clean and zingy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the win & thanks for the tipoff!

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and a worthy winner of the Craft Barn challenge. The cornflower stencil is the favourite in my collection.

    ReplyDelete